Well, that’s a best an opening to a long-time-coming update as any.
And I’ll follow with a list of what I’ve been up to (that I can remember)
- Decided to go teetotal for a while (until New Year at least)
- Played a lot of pool (with the common red and yellow balls as opposed to the classy spots n’ stripes) and drank a lot of soft drinks. (That’s how to have a night out in this economic climate)
- Killed the teetotaller in me with the free bar at the work Christmas party. Beer bongs and several Aftershock Challenges saw to that: both my idea.
- Read Twilight. Didn’t care much for it as I really couldn’t get into the central character of Bella, or their relationship. By the end when (SPOILERS) she’s begging him to turn her into a vampire, I was visibly grimacing and audibly tutting on the train while reading.
- Liked Chinese Democracy despite the fact I’m always hated Guns n’ Roses. Yes, it only came out today, but I’ve been listening to it since Friday.
- Sent away 8 scripts end of last month. Have gotten 6 “thank you for play, we’re reading it, we’ll get back to you in 3 months if it’s any crack” replies. The Beeb one was a pretty postcard. The two I haven’t heard from are the Finborough in
and the Traverse – which is bizarre, because I’ve spoken to the lit. assistant there face to face, and emailed a couple of times before sending the play in. I’ll actually send her an email now asking if she got it, as it’s been exactly a month. London
- Went through my usual Oh My God, I’ve Just Spent Six Months Writing Shit phase, a month after completion. The only difference is that I’ve spewed it out into the world now and I. Just. Can’t. Take. It. Back.
- Decided I will now have to get act together to apply for graduate LLB course as cannot spend rest of life living payday to payday, scrimping for enough money for bus fare and all this shit. Surely if I’m not good enough to be writing for a living, I should be able to make a living from arguing. Over simplified, yes. Very inaccurate, yes: but it’s my livejournal.
- Had a few ideas for my next project, but unsure if I can really get into any. Also considering trying teleplay or film script but it’s always been a turn off due to the more technical emphasis and layout. I probably couldn’t comfortably and effortlessly produce that with Word, ergo a script writing program blah blah blah, I’m just spewing out loud (read: on screen) now.
- Given up on Heroes. It’s truly awful. The Sylar/Angela stuff is truly cringe worthy and the Arthur Petrelli stuff makes me want to claw my eyes out. Last I saw, Elle went to get her powers taken away. I don’t know if she’s been on it since. I’m trying not to care. KBell’s got plenty of other work. I’m sure one day she’ll play another electrically charged sociopath again. Perhaps.
- I’ve actually nearly given up on most shows. Seems only Gossip Girl is worth watching.
- Joined NaNoWriMo on 3rd of November. Wrote 199 words. Gave up. The story I wanted (want?) to write lives in a world far too huge and complicated to make up as I go along. And yes, that’s the beauty of NaNoWriMo but I like planning and researching. In some ways, it’s my favourite part. I’ve wanted to take part for several years, but I always forget until too late in the game. Maybe next year.
- It snowed on Saturday, for about half an hour after as we were coming out of the bar. It was quite lovely.
Another thing: There is a truly beautiful sky out tonight. The stars are so crisp and clear and constellations litter the sky. Nights like this make me feel grand, yet pathetic.
Anyone who’s been on my flist for a while might have noticed I do slip away every now and again. It’s not because I don’t enjoy being here and the silly/wonderful/funny/interesting things that happen. I just generally suck.