It's procrastination in it's purest form. I know it's not just me who can sit, dead eyed, blank soul and an active index finger which just keeps pressing 'Deal' for a new game of Solitaire. Well, this site is much, much worse. I haven't actually explored any of the dozens of games on offer, bar one - 9 ball pool. It's getting ridiculous. I must stop.
I've done many things to procrastinate from writing in the past wee while and it seems like every time I settle down, something distracts me - phone call, text, dog... I've set myself a deadline on Sunday night. I work so much better to deadlines. I've even written it in red pen on my calendar. Hopefully that will be the sufficient kick up the ass I need.
I've been listening to a bit of Morissette today and when listening to 21 Things I Want In A Lover I wondered how many conditions I would actually fill.
- Do you derive joy when someone else succeeds?
Depends who but usually yes. I can’t help but be bitter if I dislike the person.
- Do you not play dirty when engaged in competition?
I play fair but may quietly sulk if comprehensively beaten.
- Do you have a big intellectual capacity?
I believe so.
- But know that it alone does not equate wisdom?
- Do you see everything as an illusion?
- But enjoy it even though you are not of it?
- Are you both masculine and feminine?
I do enjoy boypants, beer and football so we’ll say yes.
- Politically aware?
- And don't believe in capital punishment?
Absolutely don’t believe. But I believe if I was ever in the position of someone close to me being killed, I’d want the perpetrator swinging. But that’s why we have a legal system.
- Do you derive joy from diving in and seeing that loving someone can actually feel like freedom?
Complex question, Alanis. I would have to go with yes. I usually have to be pushed before ‘diving in’ though.
- Are you funny?
I hope so. Otherwise I’ve just been getting pity laughs my entire joke-making life. Or they’re all laughing at me.
- A la self-deprecating?
Only with good friends.
- Like adventure?
I like what I consider adventure, but haven’t been in any treasure caves recently.
- And have many formed opinions?
- Are you uninhibited in bed?
- More than three times a week?
Yes, more than 3 times a week – Would you like an estimate first,, Alanis?
- Up for being experimental?
The extent of your ‘experimental’ intrigues me, so I’ll say yes.
- Are you athletic?
I try but not really.
- Are you thriving in a job that helps your brother?
- Are you not addicted?
Oh, I have many addictions.
- ...curious and communicative...
Looks like 17/21. I cannot believe that I am so bored that I accidentally created a meme. Urgh.
Need big rock to head immediately please.